Default How to make FishReports.net BETTER?

Hello!

I wanted to ask a simple, open-ended question to you -- the members of FishReports.net:

What or How can I (as the site webmaster) or WE (as the members of the community) make fishreports.net a better fishing community as a whole AND for each fishing location?

thanks for your time and responses!

Larry

PS. main reason for asking is to come up with a list of items/things to do... refine that list... then put a priority for each item.

Hey Larry, one thing that I didn't realize when I set up my account for the new forum board was that my name wouldn't appear under my user name like on the old board. I tried to change my displayed name from heloc to Joe Carrillo but I failed. I liked the old board in that there was always a person's name associated with the user name.

Thanks, and keep up the good work!
    Joe Carrillo

Quote Originally Posted by Heloc View Post
    Hey Larry, one thing that I didn't realize when I set up my account for the new forum board was that my name wouldn't appear under my user name like on the old board. I tried to change my displayed name from heloc to Joe Carrillo but I failed. I liked the old board in that there was always a person's name associated with the user name.

Thanks, and keep up the good work!
    Joe Carrillo
    Joe,
    If I may make a suggestion...

Look up top, just below the banner and select "Forum Actions" and select "General Settings." Select the "Edit Signature" and add what you want...like your name, your boat name or call sign on the vhf, etc.

This will appear at the bottom of every post you make.

btw....

Larry,
    The site is GREAT!!

The site works great and is a much friendlier place to visit.

A classified section would be a nice addition.

Thanks for getting the new board up and running.

the classified section is good idea and we tried to do it before (long time ago)

2 thoughts
    1) it will be a separate forum (so people will need to get used to going to it -- which is hard for some people?)
    2) i think it should have some type of minimum post required before anyone can post in it (OR at least start a new thread in it) -- this keeps out spammers and tries to keep out people you can't trust --- where if people post say 10 times, you can start to trust them????

Get Marty to give a daily fish report. If there is news in here, people will want to read. Seems alot of the others are resisting change, so perhaps some phone calls for a report from you would be a good start.