Default Salmon at Arco Island off Rincon

Just got a text from a commercial friend of mine that Mike McCorkel caught 7 Salmon off Arco Island today.

Going to go look for some late season pink Sunday. Mike got his fish trolling, not in his net. Someone must have gotten some in their nets to get Mike out there trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe_Carrillo View Post
    Going to go look for some late season pink Sunday. Mike got his fish trolling, not in his net. Someone must have gotten some in their nets to get Mike out there trolling.
    Sounds good. Let us know how it goes. We will be fishing and diving to Rosa next weekend for a couple days.

Ended up going 1 for 4 with 1 knock-down and 1 drive-by. I've caught a lot of salmon this year and I don't know that I've dumped 3 fish all year! Pay back's a m&%^r f$&@r. I was the only sporty. One other commercial had 4 when I talked to him at noon. First fish came at 7:00 AM top stop on the D.R. @ 80' Others came deep (100 & 120) Bottom stops on the D.R. Rincon/Arco Island area 150'+- of water. Apex, 50/50 were what got bit. Seamed to me that there were a lot of fish there. Lots of life there too. Whales, dolfins, bait, etc. lots of bait. I plan on trying some more. PS, water was 64/66 degrees but green.

Thanks for the update. Might change plans and fish for salmon this weekend instead.

K. I'm going again wed. I'll report.

Sounds good. We have decided to go on Sat.

Fished for salmon yesterday with two other boats. The other boats got two each we got nada; ouchie!!! We had one drive-by and one knock down late in the day more towards the hazard buoy. Good bait marks all through the area. There are definitely a few fish there.

I know this is really old news but wow! I couldnt sign into the new site for a long long time and i was therefore not really participating. Im sure sorry i wasnt b/c that little bite would have been fun to fish. Im glad you guys got out and got in on some fall action on these salmon. Im all in on the salmon this year. Im putting the boat up in Monterey Bay and Im going to fish hard for the pink meat this season.

Reuben