Page 1 of 2 12

Thread: Tuesday albies

Default Tuesday albies

Slow until we had to quit at 11. Some boats had as many as 6 fish out 40 mi west. 23/43 39/39 produced fish..
    Bob

11:A.M. or 11 fish?

Just talked to Pisces at 50 miles and the bite is slow so far. Mark has 2 fish and heard of 5 on another boat.

We had some work commitments at at so we quit fishing at 11:00. I made that brief report from my phone at 25 mi out. We had one short bite is all at 28/39. The bite sounded a little better 10 mi SW of us. Most boats had zero by 11:00 but it has been an afternoon bite. Some guys said they saw boiling fish but not us. We did see bait and birds and the conditions were great.
    Bob

Did anyone head over to the donut area ?

We went west on Mon. for 45 mi. for naught. Engine blew ! 1p and we had a USCC tow in. 7 long hrs getting back to dock.

Quote Originally Posted by antikbuff View Post
    Did anyone head over to the donut area ?

We went west on Mon. for 45 mi. for naught. Engine blew ! 1p and we had a USCC tow in. 7 long hrs getting back to dock.
    Wow! That is catastrophic. Sorry to hear about your boat giving up on you. Glad to hear the USCG was there to save the day, and you guys are alright. Just want to bring something to the light of day. Just a couple of weeks ago the weather and conditions were ripe. Many people had good luck on one day that rallied the hunt for the next day. Overnight, with still optimal weather, there was an earthquake and the resultant was low to no fish the day following that event. Yesterday, there was optimum weather with good counts. Last night there was an earthquake off of Santa Barbara and today low to no count........and a blown motor.................just an observation, that probably has no bearing on anything.
    "Creepy Azz Cracker" Proud to be a member of the true minority.......

I ended with 6 today . Landed a triple solo . First for me . 50 miles out .

I left MB rock at 7am ran out 50 miles, trolled till noon for a few fish then about 3ish we hooked 5 more we lost 1 are fault,if it wasnt for dasiey chain Bird combo.green we wouldnt have done very good out back,what a nice day on water an every 1 was helpfull with reporting hook up numbers thanks 7 fish total, 1 was nice 30lber

we put 11 hrs on water,

We fished the 30/40 area for two singles on the fishtrap whiskey line and followed that with a triple where only two stuck for a total of 4 22-28 lbs.. We were back on the trailer at 2:00. What a nice day on the water. I metered fish under the boat many times but they would not go. Live bait would have killed them no doubt.

Page 1 of 2 12