Default Wednesday albacore report

Several boats fished west of Morro 40-50 mi for a few fish.
    The best catch was at 13/43 where one boat caught 15. The rest of us caught about 5 each. Included in our five was a 15 pound bluefin, three 20 pound albies and on dink. On the way in at 35 mi one boat said they caught 2 on bait and one on a jig, all about 35 pounds. The water temp was 1 degree cooler therr at about 60.5.
    Bob

Thanks for calling us in Bob, Fun day on the water. The boat with 14 today was Team Seaquence. Two brothers on their second ever albacore trip. I was so happy to see them succeed. When I left them, they were still cleaning fish using the headlights.
    Now I am sure they too are HOOKED!

Great day on the water, nothing else to add. Thanks to Peglegg for calling us in on fish!

We were on the water also the boat "Knot work" We ended up with four fish a triple and a single. Nice day and had a great time. Congrats to the crew of "Seaquence" and your score WTG. If you aren't hooked now just give me your boat and fish and I will have saved you a fortune. LOL Thanks to "Don Patrol" for checking in out on the grounds after talking in the parking lot hope you got some, and to the others out there on the radio for sharing and looking out for each other.

We ended up with 4 fish to about 30 lbs. 3 of them came off some nice water with great marks at about 20/40 temp 61.5. We rallied up to MB from Redondo Beach after watching the reports, weather, and psots on this site. I have to say I am very impressed with the fishing community you guys have up there, very friendly and helpful with info, numbers, etc. This forum is awesome and its refreshing to know everyone has each others backs out there on the water. That ocean can get REAL BIG without everyone working together. Super cool! Thanks again!
    Look forward to getting up the way again. Good luck to you all and be safe out there.

"Don Patroll" out.

Caught an albacore on a lizard fish Wednesday....

Lizardfish are now our friends Bob. Did Tony bait it? We ended up with 4 nice LFT and came in early due to belts. Nice seeing everyone.
    Last edited by Moorefish; 11-09-2012 at 08:26 AM.

Some guy from Ventura took anchovies in a tank with bubbles and went out of Morro Bay wed. for 21 albacore as reported on Getbentsportfishing.com. All his bait survived the 3 hour trip. If you guys only had some bait!!!

Yep, the albies do eat lizard fish. Tony chummed on our first stop with sardine chunks he brought and we had them thick under the boat - never saw the meter so lit up. I hooked up on a lizard while Tony got hooked up on a dead squid. Did not get a chance to try bait on our second stop as it was triple that got us in a pretty fierce tangle. Wound up having to handline one of the fish in. In retrospect it would have been interesting to deep drop some lizards on some of the nice meter marks we saw in that second area we fished - next time.

Btw: Thanks to all those who checked in when we had to shut down and make a belt repair 45 miles out. Always comforting to know you're in the presence of areas top-notch Captains 'n crews.
    Last edited by Moorefish; 11-09-2012 at 08:43 PM.