Default Need business advice. Any entrepreneur here?

I own a small fishing equipment shop. The shop next to me recently got defrauded. I was talking to the owner of that shop earlier and it made me really conscious of how I'm vulnerable to such risks too.

Unfortunately, I didn't understand half of what he said. He was ranting and was really speaking fast so i couldn't follow what he was saying. I think he had an IT company investigate what happened. It seems like he had several large purchases from a single ip address and he didn't notice this.

I'm thinking maybe I should hire a company or maybe tighten my security? Any tips on how I can monitor online orders? Is there a software that can do this?

I really don't want to be defrauded. Please help! Thanks.

Hi,

This is really a very common problem. I also face this and after a long period, I understand that best way is to monitor manually. At the beginning, it may seem a bit hard, but it will become easier.

I have experience and I can help the most. Let me know if you are interested. First of all, I need your webshop address.
    If you are interested about fishing reports, have a look at my WEBPAGE.

I have finally gotten hold of my neighbor yesterday and I asked him what he plans on doing to prevent the incident from happening again. He told me that he was advised to use this company's services. I'll probably use their services too once everything's settled down. That is, once they've done whatever it is that they're going to do for my neighbor. Maybe they'll install some software for security?

Quote Originally Posted by doodleteeth View Post
    I'm thinking maybe I should hire a company or maybe tighten my security? Any tips on how I can monitor online orders? Is there a software that can do this?
    I don't know a particular company but there are credit card processing company that offers a software/system to business owners. They offer services such as mobile processing, exclusive gateway, online reporting, etc. That would make your monitoring much easier.