Page 1 of 2 12

Default Sunday Morro Bay Rockfish

Three of us fished rockfish today on the Katy B.. We opted for a 9 am start to let the offshore die down and timed it just right...Fished mostly in the 115-130 ft zone off Spooners Cove...The lings were not cooperative like last week, but we still managed a 25" fish and a few shorts...The Reds were all quality and we had 7 over 5 lbs; with one that was a legit #8 lbs on a pink lemonade swim bait..A few rock sole and an assortment of the usual suspects rounded out our 20+ fish day..Not wide open but still a fun day with surprisingly good conditions..On the way in it looked like a fair bit of squid has moved back on to the Shell Mound.It seemed to be spread out for over a mile in 90ft..That whole deal might make for some solid December fishing..Quien sabe' this year...Jeff

Default great report

looks like we might have some late season biscuit action. something to look forward to in jan 2016

It just keeps getting better and better for ling action around morro and psl

Itching to go maybe next week

Gerry kammel aka kammel driver

Thanks for the report. Good to hear the squid are here

There have been massive piles of red crab through that area as well.
    Steve
    BigSwell

Bakersfield, wasco, and the Ceantral Coast soon

Gotta be something there eating them too!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by liveforfishined View Post
    Gotta be something there eating them too!!!!
    its all mackeral. dont waste your time

Bakersfield, wasco, and the Ceantral Coast soon

By some "magic" we've been turning "macks" into some nice Lings. Just one step up the food chain! Just a hint on how to do "magic". Pin a mack on a dropper loop rig, send to bottom, bingo! instant ling!

I have to use a trapper with macs but if I can get a small johhnnyy bass lings can't resist. South of the border we used johnnyy for the biggest cows I have ever seen. Wouldn't touch dine,macs or small reds only the johnnys. one topped 20 with 5 black dots. I could have auctioned the head at cleaning table for soup. Gave it to friend who owned restaurant. Now if you can get the small mini macs they have the magic

Yep that wrks

3 for 3 last week for big lings mini macks rock!

Page 1 of 2 12