Page 2 of 2 12

"Just poisoned water"
    just a poisoned post. 0 stars!

It's "natural seepage "

Quote Originally Posted by 15 ft Dragonfly View Post
    It's "natural seepage "
    Yup.. Back in the late 1800s, oil prospectors from the original Summerland oil field sight, (which is now the Santa Barbara coast line) discovered the heavy slicks in the surf and natural gas venting. They realized this vast oil reserve went beyond the shoreline. Within no time, flimsy wooden peers were built out into the shallows and the derricks were erected. This was the worlds first offshore drilling. They only had to drill just in the hundreds of feet to produce copious amounts of oil. Manly because the oil closer to the surface was too heavy of weight and the thinner stuff a little deeper was more marketable.

finally this forum shows signs of intelligence. Fukushima? Congrats hippie, your kind has successfully shut down all but one of the cleanest, most efficient power plants in CA. Don't worry, within a decade or two they will all be re-commissioned, at a substantial cost to everyone, thankuverymuch. Like I said, ignorance.
    Just a side note, both MB and PSL require annual dredging to keep things 'flowing'. Look into what happened to Santa Cruz after their sanctuary was established and the dredgings weren't able to be 'dumped' in the sanctuary. 0 intelligence.

Bakersfield, wasco, and the Ceantral Coast soon

Gee Rowdy, you might be worth something after all, my friend. When I was a kid surfing around Redondo Beach---------which was a long time ago ( keep your comments to yourselves now) there were huge gobs of crude oil that was always a problem when you would step on one or it attached to your "baggies" and then you step or sit on your board and smear it all over the board. This was long before they ever started drilling and pumping out of the ocean. That did not come from sunken ships or from leaking storage tanks. It came from the bottom of the ocean and I remember seeing it coming up from the depths and then bobbing on the surface. After the pumping went on for years, I cannot remember seeing it on the coast line anymore so the pressure of the oil coming to the surface of the floor of the ocean must have been relieved by the pumping. Yes, there have been spills, but they get cleaned up and Old Mamma Natucha gets going and makes it all good again. And as far as the radiation is concerned, Way back when the Christmas Islands were used for testing grounds on the A bomb the thinking was that it would be 100 years before that area could ever be used again. About 25 years ago I was approached by the then owner of Virgs and asked if I'd like to participate in a venture to do charters out of those islands as the Yellowfin tuna fishing was absolutely a knock out. I just couldn't actually do it but in the process I asked if there was any problems with the radiation over there and he said the area was neutralized and people were living there again. And of course there is the people of Japan that are again living in the Bomb drop areas. I think we'll live!!!!! Hey, and Rowdy, I do like your comments on the Salmon deal too, but it would have been a bit nicer from you if you had of kept the Name calling out. ie "hippie" I think if we do voice our concerns all together, both the Coms and the Recs, maybe the people who are will see that we do and can exist together for the good of the industry. We do need everyone to express their feelings and knowledge to the Commissions that control what we love to do. I did try to get on that web site but it keeps saying my email is not set up and I try and it still won't let me in. I'll go through the regular way in after I get off here. Which is now!
    Last edited by liveforfishined; 02-11-2017 at 09:43 PM.

Liverfish That all sounds nice, warm and fuzzy but that's not how things work. First off, supervisors and reps don't need to hear about people's "feelings". We need hard facts. And second, the last thing the other side wants is everyone to "come together". That sanctuary was nothing more than control and endless federal funding for a certain few.
    Last edited by fish bone; 02-11-2017 at 10:57 PM. Reason: Typo

Bakersfield, wasco, and the Ceantral Coast soon

My facts ( not feeling) were there too, sir, Oil seeping from the oceans bottom cannot be denied and the radiation issue can and will be taken care of by Natural process. Yes there are immediate problems with both, agreed on that. So, if they don't want us to come together, then that gives us a better and more meaningful reason to do just that.

Look. I'm not trying to be a deck. I don't think u understood it. The "other side, dragonfly" clearly informs the public that he witness oil just pouring from rigs, the Ca coast is all poisioned from nuclear power and who knows what else. But this "sanctuary" will fix all that. That's what he understood from that Right? These are the lies, deception, and misleading the public that we talked about in the first post. There is no compromise or coming together on that. It's just flat out wrong. All these 15Butterflys really need to pull their head out of their azz and and stop spreading words this fake, made up, liying garbage.

OK BONEHEAD YOU MUST BE RIGHT maybe you should run for office some where

Well, I sure as heck ain't LEFT. I try to make things right in more ways than one. Though I have had to eat portions of crow in my life and it don't taste good.

Page 2 of 2 12