Bakersfield, wasco, and the Ceantral Coast soon

Default Central Coast Ocean Fishing Tournament

Hello Gang!!!! Happy New Fishing Year!!!! This year is starting off looking like another El Nino one but the weather people are saying EN is gone. We'll see? Anglers Anonymous Central Coast ( which is now a chapter of Anglers Anonymous of America, a National Organization) is ready to go with another fun tournament at PSL.
    Who; All who want to join in the fun
    What; Two categories; Rock Fish and Non-rock Fish, with 1st, 2nd, and 3rd. places for heaviest fish in each category. No sharks and Rays allowed! There will also be a grand prize for the over-all heaviest fish, which will not be eligible for any other prize. In the case of a tie, the first fish weighed in will be the prize winner. A special award will be for largest fish by any 15 year old or LESS, if there is any youth entered.
    When; 6 Am to 3:30 Pm ( Weigh-in at 3:30 sharp ) May 20th, 2017
    Where: Port San Luis Launch Facility Parking Lot
    Why? AACC is a non-profit organization that is committed to taking our Veterans on fishing trips that gives them a totally free day on the water catching fish, taking their minds off of some of the problems they have because of their service to US. We feel very strongly that by taking these Veterans out fishing it really can change their lives, and we don't say that lightly because we have several testimonies from the past 5 years that confirm what we do is therapeutic to them. We will have another trip for the Veterans in October ( tentatively on the 7th. in Morro Bay at the Harbor Festival). 100 Percent of all funds raised by AACC go to these events so please come and help us help them.
    After the day of fishing we put on a meal for them and also give out many drawing goods from fishing gear to clothing.
    How do you get involved? Contact Steve at 805 242 1402, or our email address is anglerscc@gmail.com, for pre-registration. The Registration fee is $40.00 per person and may be mailed to AACC, PO box 251, Morro Bay Ca. 93443. Sign ups at the event will start at about 5:30 Am. All who go on a registered boat must sign up and pay the $40.00 entry fee. Check in will be from 5:30 Am to 7 Am and no entries after 8 AM the morning of the tournament. Please include the Name or the Cal registration Nos. of the boat you will be on with your registration.

We also have Raffles at these tournaments and we have another Avet reel valued at around 280.00 to be raffled this year, along with many other items. Tickets are $5 ea or 5 for $20.00 and may be purchased right up to the drawing time.
    Please bring items to eat for a Pot-Luck and fellowship after the weigh-in is over. If your last name begins with A-K please bring a main dish such as meats, casserole, sandwiches, etc.; and if it is L-Z bring salads, sides, snack, or desserts. Everyone bring their own beverages, please.

See you there, AACC

Hi Ed!

My Son (Infantry / Afghanistan) and I won't be in town for the tournament but we will make a contribution. Also, I have some NIB excess inventory I would like to donate so you can raffle it off. I'll give a check and the tackle to Charlie. Have fun!

Keith

Quote Originally Posted by Keith View Post
    Hi Ed!

My Son (Infantry / Afghanistan) and I won't be in town for the tournament but we will make a contribution. Also, I have some NIB excess inventory I would like to donate so you can raffle it off. I'll give a check and the tackle to Charlie. Have fun!

Keith
    Thanks Keith, your contribution will be greatly appreciated and put to good use.

Bill Z

Dito on the Thanks, Keith. We'll get you out there one of these days. The BFTs are moving up!!!!

Hello again Fisherpersons; Well, with several reasons that are just too long to go over, AACC has elected to postpone the tournament until June 3rd. We are sorry if that puts you out any, but there were too many good reasons that popped up lately that made it much more reasonable to set it back 2 weeks. Everything will be the same except for the date. Hope to see you there!
    Last edited by liveforfishined; 05-15-2017 at 11:15 AM.

Hello again Fisherpersons; Well, with several reasons that are just too long to go over, AACC has elected to postpone the tournament until June 3rd. We are sorry if that puts you out any, but there were too many good reasons that popped up lately that made it much more reasonable to set it back 2 weeks. Everything will be the same except for the date. Hope to see you there! ( Had to post this twice because I edited my last and it just didn't put the info in the forefront)

This is a followup to liveforfishined's post (he is not able to post at this time, so I am posting for him).

Due to the current weather conditions and expected wind and swell on Saturday June 3rd, the AACC tournament for this coming Saturday, June 3rd has been postponed.

The conditions are just not expected to be good enough for the tournament and AACC does not want to put anyone at risk, exclude anyone from fishing the tournament, to limit where people fish (Point Sal would be out as an option for most) or what people fish for. The tournament will be held at a later date when conditions are safer.

BZ (No-Excuse)
    Last edited by BZ (No-Excuse); 06-03-2017 at 12:25 AM.

Salmon is closed.

Thanks for pointing that out Rowdy. I knew that but had a brain fade when I typed the entry.