Page 1 of 12 12311 ...

Thread: Tuna water

Default Tuna water

I see on Terafin that there is a sharp break of blue, 60 degree water 47 mi 255 out of Morro bay. Too bad the weather is forecast to be bad for the next 10 days. We've enjoyed some of the best rockcod fishing I can remember this year. Second year in a row no salmon for us. We will be sharing our tuna exploratory trips on this site. Stay tuned.
    Bob Hather

Sure thing Bob, lots standing by for a window. The bait dock is going in this week, but the boat isn't ready to fish yet, hopefully that happens sooner than later.

Add this page to your bookmarks http://pacificalbacore.com/wfoa/fish-reports/
    They will catch fish in Oregon first, then a month or two after we will be able to get them out of Monterey then out of morro. I look forward to lft again, it's been a few years now......ji
    Last edited by j_nunez; 07-05-2017 at 06:57 AM. Reason: Auto correct wrote ablessed instead of able

Man if the wind ever dies down that water straight outa mb is looking pretty good. I might just make a run when I can just to look

If you go good luck let me know. 57 degree water 51 nautical miles, I'm going to wait for 60+ degree water that's super clean. They haven't even caught any off OR yet. They usually get them there a month or more before we do. But, then again I can't catch them on land

looks like 60 deg clean water 60ish miles due west out of MB....and they are catching albacore WAY off Norcal according to the Pacific Albacore site....are we getting closer?

Quote Originally Posted by Ncor33 View Post
    looks like 60 deg clean water 60ish miles due west out of MB....and they are catching albacore WAY off Norcal according to the Pacific Albacore site....are we getting closer?
    Yes. They are getting them 40 miles off Ft. Bragg per WON and Nor Cal message boards.

The Pacific Albacore cite above is saying 100 miles off Central California.

This might finally be our year. They could be within range right now with the right weather window.

Bakersfield, wasco, and the Ceantral Coast soon

Well, I've been dry docked for the next 2 to 3 months with an open heart surgery so I really hope some of you guys will go out and look. Remember too, there is a huge amount of BFT in California waters right now too and the smaller guys went thru Southern California already. The last few years, these now California BFT have been notorious for eating and swimming around in the Greener, cooler waters. Slow troll a Mack on Downriggers, and way back behind the boat if you suspect anything. Go get em guys!!!!

Hey Ed good luck with the surgery and recovery!!

Bakersfield, wasco, and the Ceantral Coast soon

Thanks, coming along OK. Tuesday may be a good day to make that run outside and start looking. I remember many years where we passed up huge schools of Albacore heading out overnight to go 80 to 90 miles, only to get back on the fish we passed up on the way out half a day later and they bit.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ...