Page 3 of 12 12345 ...

Thread: Tuna water

Quote Originally Posted by biteson View Post
    Water according to temp break today looks really good outside of mb towards the donut and north. Weather doesn't look bad Wed. I'm gonna check it out then
    Right on Biteson. I'm chained to a desk until Saturday or I'd join you. Swell looks doable and winds shouldn't be a problem until after noon when it's downhill anyway.

Got an uncomfirmed report of a commercial getting 200+ at the Davidson. That looks like the same water you'll be in. Good luck!

I'll be out there Thursday. I confirmed that one boat caught 6 fish yesterday.
    Bob

Wish I could go Thursday. Looks warm and clean as close as N 3510 X W 12156. I know that's still about 57+ miles from morro. Warm water much closer but looks to be really green.

Also looks good about 40+ miles from monterey for guys with less range or slower boats (like me). Around about 13 miles southwest of the 451. I'm sure the guys that report to bayside will post about catches this week.

I'm ready. Keep me informed. Sounds like a launch out of Monterrey towards the Davidson is the ticket. A launch out of MB is doable for me, at least the ride home would be somewhat downhill. Either way..I am ready for some Albies.........Ap
    "Creepy Azz Cracker" Proud to be a member of the true minority.......

We went out of Morro Bay today at 6am with live smelt we made in the bay. Took a 250 degree heading and at 12 mi the water temp bumped up 2 degrees to about 61 and we dropped our gear. Feathers, rappalas ceder plugs. We trolled for 6 hours. Conditions looked great. There was bait everywhere, porpoise, whales sea lions and thousands of birds. The problem was that all the birds were just sitting on the water and not flying. That suggested that the bite was off. There were 3 boats in the same general area. None of us hooked up. Water color was decent. This area had a few fish on Sunday that were hungry but today wasn't the day. We will have to wait for the next weather break.
    Bob

Good try! Hope the stars align for a Morro Bay albie season!

Thanks for the recon info!

Quote Originally Posted by Windfall View Post
    We went out of Morro Bay today at 6am with live smelt we made in the bay. Took a 250 degree heading and at 12 mi the water temp bumped up 2 degrees to about 61 and we dropped our gear. Feathers, rappalas ceder plugs. We trolled for 6 hours. Conditions looked great. There was bait everywhere, porpoise, whales sea lions and thousands of birds. The problem was that all the birds were just sitting on the water and not flying. That suggested that the bite was off. There were 3 boats in the same general area. None of us hooked up. Water color was decent. This area had a few fish on Sunday that were hungry but today wasn't the day. We will have to wait for the next weather break.
    Bob

Decided to run past the sea life due to my temp reading of 58.5 @ the 121.15. Ran all the way out to 121.35 with the water at a cool. Worked our way back through tons of sea life with nothing to take. Nice day on the water tho, tons of pics of whales breaching and porpoises launching 20' into the air.

Bakersfield, wasco, and the Ceantral Coast soon

Good job Windfall and Diet, keep it up as they will show sooner or later and there are thousands of tons of smaller BFTs that are not in Southern cal waters anymore either.

Page 3 of 12 12345 ...