Page 1 of 2 12

Default PSL halibut tournament

The halibut tournament is happening in two weeks. The turnout keeps getting better since they brought it back in 2015. July 29-30, $100/head with a $20/head side pot for seabass, and for some reason they always show up for the tournament.

This sounds like fun where can I get more information?

See attached image. Also, call down to the sport launch for any further info.
    Screen Shot 2017-07-17 at Jul 17 6.23.50 AM.jpg

I love to fish and gamble. I imagine I will be donating my money in this case. Can one of you Salty Vets help us with the weather? It looks like Shell Beach and Avila will be calm. I am not sure about the weather outside the breakwall for Sat/Sun. Is there any chance a winning Hali comes from inside avila bay? Seems like the big ones would be out in the ocean deeper. Can I get some advice. 13 ft Whaler. No depth finder yet

Looking at my tackle I have some cool looking Apex Lures. Would a Halibut ever bit those on the slow troll?
    Last edited by Nathan; 07-27-2017 at 08:45 AM.

make some bait and drift anywhere between little pecho and the break wall. Weather looks fine in the morning both days. BTW, if u win I get half.
    Last edited by rowdyrosco; 07-27-2017 at 08:22 PM. Reason: none

Thanks Rosco. One more stupid question. I see a Pecho Rock. Is that the same as Little Pecho?
    Last edited by Nathan; 07-27-2017 at 09:13 PM.

When salmon is closed I don't think I would be dragging an apex around.Could raise some questions.

Good point. Thanks.

Default Croaker for Halibut

I got skunked on Halibut yesterday. Guys that launched the boat were super cool. I kept throwing back these Croakers. One guys said "oh, you mean Halibuts favorite?". Looks like I blew it. You guys ever caught Halibut on one of those Live Croakers. Is that legal. Thanks.

YES & YES! Love them 6" White Croakers for bait. Other Common Names: kingfish, shiner, Pasadena trout, tommy croaker, little bass. Also first cousin to the White Seabass, California Corbina, Yellowfin Croaker, Spotfin Croaker and the Queenfish.
    The Lord Does Not Take Away Your Time On Earth Spent Fishing!

Page 1 of 2 12