Default Morro Bay shallow water rockfish

We fished north off the abalone farm yesterday for solid fishing on the swimbaits and jigs...best bite was in 90 feet for a mix of reds, coppers, assorted Rockies and lings...It was slow early on the low tide but picked up steadily on the tide change...We had 30 rockfish plus 4 nice lings by 10:30...The guys who made live Bait did even better than us including some bigger halibut....Jeff

Good report Jeff sounds a great time as well!

Thanks for the report jeff

Thank you for the report. Sounds like a great time.

Today was once again great for rockfish...We did pretty well in 90ft off Killers and then went outside to fish 265ft on the way home; which got us to limits plus some quality lingcod..Barely a breeze and little swell...Jeff

Seems like everyone caught fish today...Beautiful weather, no wind and cooperative rockfish...We did best off Montana De Oro in #165 ft fishing around a half dozen local boats...The Church rock bite in the deeper water seemed to have fizzled but it's more fun to fish shallow anyway..We had a first timer 13 year old on board today with his grandfather and the kid killed them...Lots of big vermillions....Jeff

great to see kids get into the Vermillions

Good report. Thanks. I have a 6 gallon fuel tank. 40 Horse 4 stroke. 13 ft whaler. Is that enough fuel to run down to the park and back on a calm day?

You should be fine. I had 18' aluminum and I could go to San siemion and back on 6 gallons. You should know your fuel burn rate anyway. Different conditions burn different amount of fuel.

Thats legit. I read that 2 stroke 40 horse used to be 4 gallon per hour. Better now w 4 stroke. I will ask on the whaler forum too.