Page 3 of 4 1234

Thread: Anchovies

Maybe he is not measuring the tail to?

It could be true because last year in San Simeon I hooked three threshers that were chasing anchovies in the cove. They were pups and I released the one that stayed buttoned. Fun stuff

Bakersfield, wasco, and the Ceantral Coast soon

Morro might be a rookery this year. Interesting!
    Last edited by liveforfishined; 08-28-2017 at 11:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stretch View Post
    since taurus is the sign of the bull, you should know all about bull$hitt. dont run your mouth about someone you obviously know nothing about.
    ok tough guy, show me a pic of the ones you are catching and i will humbly apologize. until then i call bs, thresher sharks are way bigger than that at birth. the only way you are going to see a pic of a 24" thresher is if you cut it out of the mothers' belly during the oophagous stage of life.

Default Major growth

Quote Originally Posted by taurus View Post
    ok tough guy, show me a pic of the ones you are catching and i will humbly apologize. until then i call bs, thresher sharks are way bigger than that at birth. the only way you are going to see a pic of a 24" thresher is if you cut it out of the mothers' belly during the oophagous stage of life.

Thanks for your awesome attitude Taurus. I am grateful for you sharing your tuna exploration with the board so freely and to see the change in your posts shows major growth and an outstanding attitude. Here is a pic of a thresher caught in Newport off a kayak
    dans thresher.jpgdans thresher.jpg
    Last edited by pegleg; 08-28-2017 at 08:28 PM.

not sure if these will helppregnant_female_thresher_sharks.jpg

As a side note: I did see a pic of an Albacore caught out of SD
    not much help for us but still interesting and the claim was that it was the first albie of the year down there

I went today. Had a super late start and a hard time making bait but I did hook a shark about 30 pounds. It jumped 4 time and while I was debaitung his fate he made a run around my drift sick and was gone. No more bites but saw one about the same size jump later in the day.

Quote Originally Posted by liveforfishined View Post
    Not true Michael; look up baby Threshers and almost the first thing you see is one about 10 to 12 inches long in someones hand.
    Looks like that one was cut out of mommy.I stand by what I said.You aint going to catch one 24 to 30".
    If they were that small at birth there would be a whole lot more of them around.I believe they only have a few pups at a time.
    The pic your talking about doesn't even look like the tail is all the way formed.
    Last edited by Michael; 08-28-2017 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by liveforfishined View Post
    Not true Michael; look up baby Threshers and almost the first thing you see is one about 10 to 12 inches long in someones hand.
    Here you go

They are about 5 feet (150 cm) long at birth and grow 1.6 feet (50 cm) a year as juveniles. Adults grow about 0.3 feet (10 cm) a year. The maximum reported length of the thresher shark is 24.9 feet (760 cm), and the maximum weight recorded is over 750 lbs (340 kg) .
    Now tell me again how it's not true.

Page 3 of 4 1234