Page 4 of 4 ... 234

Thread: Anchovies

Quote Originally Posted by pegleg View Post
    Thanks for your awesome attitude Taurus. I am grateful for you sharing your tuna exploration with the board so freely and to see the change in your posts shows major growth and an outstanding attitude. Here is a pic of a thresher caught in Newport off a kayak
    Attachment 1446Attachment 1446
    sarcasm... cool. whats next, mom jokes?

There are tons of horned sharks (dogfish) all around MB and Cayucos , someone might think they are Threshers they are usually 24-36" long

Mango/ Radon 21

You guys are funny.

Prolly opah.

They are still in, hooked 2 this morning lost 1 right away after two jumps released the second one at the boat.IMG_1323.jpgIMG_1323.jpgIMG_1324.jpgIMG_1324.jpg

Bakersfield, wasco, and the Ceantral Coast soon

Michael, you ae right about the birth of the Threasher being of bigger size, sorry, for the opposition there as I finally looked it up and that was a cut out of a momma picture, and I also saw a video of a live birth. Tehy in fact are about 24 to 30 inches long at birth, and come out eating too!!!! I have also since this first hit talked to a fellow who lives near my daughter on MB and he goes out in the bay and floats it drifting for the Butts and showed me several videos of him catching and releasing 3 to 5 foot long Threashers this Summer, dated and with the bay or the Southern docks, or the Rock in the background. I'm a believer!!!! Just wish the Core would show up.

By the way, if you haven't seen the NATGO hour long documentary on the"Superfish; Bluefin Tuna". It is a phenomenal and and eye opening video. I've looked through the next week to see if it will be on again but could not find it yet. If I do I'll re-post that. Every fisherman needs to see that as it even shows the birth of the fish and how fast they grow and where and everything we have just guessed at so far. I had my Chemo last Tuesday and I was wide awake this morning at 3:30 am and watched it and am going to watch it again and again when I can. Some of you may also have the ability to call it up from the past time and I suggest you do so ASAP as I know it will open your eyes to the Big guys situation.

Nice pics there Killfish!!!!!

Page 4 of 4 ... 234