Default Ranger 85 3.5 day leaving 10-4

Me and a couple buddies just signed up for this trip. The last 2 full moons have provided epic Bluefin fishing. Fish over #100s being common with a few cows over #200. Normally a full moon isn't all that great for tuna fishing, but the last two months it has gone off, with the fish getting bigger over time. The trip is only $995 and that includes food and Mexican permits. 3 full days of fishing!

With no Albacore this year, I gotta get my fix!

porty

https://www.ranger85.com/

this came up on my facebook thread today...

Ranger 85 Sportfishing

2 hrs
    I just got off the SAT phone with Capt. Robert. They just put a Bluefin on the deck that taped out to 373.5 lbs.
    The boys return tomorrow morning at 6 am. Standby for the official weigh-in!

... 345 lbs on the scale at H&M Landing. Biggest one so far. I leave on a 2 1/2 day on the Searcher tomorrow.

It looks like Ranger 85 is off San Clemente Island now and has been there in that zone all day Thursday near Desperation reef. In addition, it appears the A good number of larger fishing boats are in currently in route to them from the San Diego zone.
    I wish I could be there as It might be more rewarding than working. Perhaps when Porty comes back he can report and show us some highlight photos...
    Tuna on
    Last edited by Jbuilt; 10-06-2017 at 06:38 AM.

Looks like it was a little bit tough?
    Ranger 85
    H&M Landing
    San Diego, CA 24 Anglers
    3.5 Day 12 Bluefin Tuna, 1 Barracuda, 12 Yellowtail, 2 Bonito, 12 Skipjack Tuna

ouch......

When they are counting 1 barracuda, you know it was ruff!

Bakersfield, wasco, and the Ceantral Coast soon

Quote Originally Posted by wellconnected View Post
    When they are counting 1 barracuda, you know it was ruff!
    Of course, what they don't tell you before any trip like that is that the water temp dropped from 70 to 72 degrees early last week to 62 to 64 degrees. Nothing works better at giving fish "lock-jaw" than water temp going down. Unless you are trout fishing !!!!!!!