Thread: Vets weekend

Default Vets weekend

Took A few Active duty VAFB men out For vets weekend trip
    Plus sent a couple of freinds to MB for anglers anonymous Vets trip sat.
    Thanks pegleg & guys. hope you caught something/ had fun and were safe .

Camped with friends Thursday near DCPP gate.

Spoke2 Vince C (Jurasic fish club on parker 2150) after his calm drizly purisima trip, said he&crew did pretty good mix rock and Ling no exotic.

Friday, wind starting up at sunup , bait jumping around breakwater tip.

Beat west <16 knot to 40fathom and got mostly blue , yellow mix medium sizers.

Didnt fish much myself, but got them each about 7 fish mostly blue and 2- 24" class lings for boat
    tossed a dozen dinkers. 1 vermillion 1canary 1 keeper starry amd 1 chuckle to ad a bit of color to the brown blue mix
    came in early slowly and let them fish brown dirty bay for 2 "kingfish" until wind again caught up with us, pulled boat and sent them with bags of fish to take home and to their vets day fry.
    Though I heard windfall up at MDO on vhf?
    hope to get another trip or 2 in before end of season.
    BTW Work dock was under water with sea lions weight when we came in should have taken a picture.
    Thanks for your service

Default 11/11/17 Veterans Day Trip FULL LIMITS Tri Tip BBQ great seas Whale show + MORE

Quote Originally Posted by B. A. Stewart View Post
    Took A few Active duty VAFB men out For vets weekend trip
    Plus sent a couple of freinds to MB for anglers anonymous Vets trip sat.
    Thanks pegleg & guys. hope you caught something/ had fun and were safe .

Camped with friends Thursday near DCPP gate.

Spoke2 Vince C (Jurasic fish club on parker 2150) after his calm drizly purisima trip, said he&crew did pretty good mix rock and Ling no exotic.

Friday, wind starting up at sunup , bait jumping around breakwater tip.

Beat west <16 knot to 40fathom and got mostly blue , yellow mix medium sizers.

Didnt fish much myself, but got them each about 7 fish mostly blue and 2- 24" class lings for boat
    tossed a dozen dinkers. 1 vermillion 1canary 1 keeper starry amd 1 chuckle to ad a bit of color to the brown blue mix
    came in early slowly and let them fish brown dirty bay for 2 "kingfish" until wind again caught up with us, pulled boat and sent them with bags of fish to take home and to their vets day fry.
    Though I heard windfall up at MDO on vhf?
    hope to get another trip or 2 in before end of season.
    BTW Work dock was under water with sea lions weight when we came in should have taken a picture.
    Thanks for your service

Thanks Barry, I fished with and met some of your friends. We chartered two boats and were able to take over 50 guys out plus our crew for support. Awesome ceremony took place at 11:11 AM with a moment of silence and Salute to our flag!

A JUMBO 24+ pound and a few smaller lings
    a cabby
    plus tons of other assorted rock fish
    Full Limits by noon
    20 year old active duty service men and 84 year old veterans treated to great fishing awesome whale show. Harbor Patrol Saluted with water canon as a special bonus. Coast guard maneuvering all in all a great day. Then back to eat TRI TIP and a custom cake.

Video Drone photography should be a real neat treat to watch as well.

We had guys come to Morro Bay from 29 palms, San Diego, Bakersfield, locals and more!

Thanks to all who made it possible. We had boats taking vets out of SB and LA as well so it was a fun filled day all up and down the coast.