Page 2 of 3 123

That warm plumne of water is now out front of PSL and runs right down to pt Sal
    Three to five miles west and you are in it
    Colder water is still near shore

Ran 20 or so miles from Morro Bay on a 245. Hit break at about 15. Water went from dirty 60 to cleanish 67. Tons of birds bait and mammals in the area. Worked beyond break in better water to get out of seaweed. Life died off so headed back towards buchon. Water was good to about 5 miles from shore. Head for port and water quickly went bad. No strikes for us. Heard fish on the radio but never got a reply as to vicinity. Wish I had better news! Beautiful weather at least.
    Steve
    BigSwell

Thanks for the report we will be out tomorrow Scouting Around hopefully we have some luck channel 68 out of Morro Bay

10 pound bones are better than the 4 pound albacore that were being caught off Ft Bragg last month.
    Bob

We ran out of Moro Saturday.

63F right out of the Harbor highest for the day 67.7F. We ran out on 235 at 7.4 miles found whales, dolphins and seals working bait. Circled them for a few hours nothing happening. Headed out to 15nm water was not looking good dirty. Turned West and ran 10 miles about a 270 out of Moro 20nm we found clean water. Once again we found dolphins whales and seals working bait. Metered fish deep below them. Tried everything we had no hook ups. Then the rod went off, great strike. Got three pumps on the reel and it let go. Nice clean cut on the line, guessing a shark. There out there. We failed to make any bait, soaking deep here might have produced. At the end of the day we had nothing, thought we would get some bones at least. We covered about 40 miles. No complaints it was a nice day, little lumpy in the morning the afternoon was real nice.

Greg

Thanks for the report.
    Bob

still plenty of bones between purisma and sal in 25 fathoms. also some of the biggest macs i have seen in many years.

Smoked mackerel is great with beer. Use a heavy brine and smoke it until its almost like jerky. The skin falls off when done.
    Bob

Late reply but we went out Sunday out of mb looking. Headed north of the donut. At about 15 miles the water spiked up fast and there was bait whales dolphins birds u name it everywhere we worked the area for 2 or 3 hours for nothing then kept going to about 30 miles spotted dolphins and sea lions so put lines back in metered bait and fish more then I ever have but couldn't get anything. Had 2 take downs trolling deep diving rapalas. But neither stuck. Both came the second I metered on the fish finder I've never seen so much bait in the water, everywhere we looked there were boils of baitfish. Water was great flat calm weather was perfect great day on the water just no fish once again... they gotta be there. looking back I wish I would have soaked bait for awhile.

We were also out on Sunday, we headed west and hit the temp break and the kelp and debris. Life everywhere, bait all over trolled back and forth and around several hours for no takers. Headed Northwest to the bluest water on Terafin off of San Simeon temps ranged from 62 to 64 degrees with beautiful blue color. Not as much life, but still metered bait and saw alot of sea lions and birds working. Circled out to 35 miles or so and headed south towards PSL. Treated to some pretty good whale shows - one was 3 whales together that came up vertical about 50 yards away, still no takers. As the water temps got higher, it also got more dirty, but was full of life west of MB and PSL - birds, seals, pilot whales. Saw a pod of porpoise that had to be 1/2 mile in any direction. Covered 117 miles with no takers. Didn't even see any Bonito which surprised us. Beautiful day on the water, just not a great day for catching Albacore.

BZ-No-Excuse

Page 2 of 3 123