Page 1 of 3 123
  1. #1

    Default SST shows 60 + water

    A lot of warm water around us now
    All kind of new fish should be here

  2. #2
    gr8p8ntr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    morro bay
    Posts
    118

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by 15 ft Dragonfly View Post
    A lot of warm water around us now
    All kind of new fish should be here
    Chloro still looks pretty lousy anywhere inside the 30 mile line. Should be an interesting season though!
    Steve
    BigSwell

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    26

    Default

    There is a lot of warm water in Oregon also, but the fish are still over a hundred miles offshore

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by KILLSFISH View Post
    There is a lot of warm water in Oregon also, but the fish are still over a hundred miles offshore

    There are albacore 50 miles from Ft. Bragg right now. There is similar warm BLUE water that seems to connect with that water up north west of the Davidson. This is 125 miles from Morro or 75 miles from Monterey. I think that this is the warm, blue water push that has the best likelihood of holding albacore. I would personally explore this area if it moves in 30-40 miles east. It will be interesting to see how close that water will move to Ft. Bragg.

  5. #5

    Default

    Again the recent clear skies show plenty of warm water about ten miles or less due West of PSL and MB.

  6. #6

    Default

    No doubt it is time to explore. Will be heading out of Morro very Friday or Saturday.

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    california
    Posts
    18

    Default

    Headed out PSL made 25 mini macs and bunch of anchovies and heading out to old weather buoy Wed 10/10/18. Going past black rock inbetween pecho and saw breaking tuna. Headed right to them and got a double. BONITA 8 to 12lbs. Patriot sportfishing boat came by us but they are rock cod fishing. After getting all we wanted left biting we headed out 20 miles. Saw Some bait but no tuna of the right kind. Trolled on the way back in and found jumpers 15 miles south of Diablo. Trolled by them picked some up ended up, bonita again. We tried throwing surface lures, irons and live bait but no takers all on the troll purple broomtails. Spunky fish pulled hard even got to try out the Diawa lexas on them. Took 12 fish home. 20181010_075937.jpg

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    avila
    Posts
    92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by fishkiller View Post
    Headed out PSL made 25 mini macs and bunch of anchovies and heading out to old weather buoy Wed 10/10/18. Going past black rock inbetween pecho and saw breaking tuna. Headed right to them and got a double. BONITA 8 to 12lbs. Patriot sportfishing boat came by us but they are rock cod fishing. After getting all we wanted left biting we headed out 20 miles. Saw Some bait but no tuna of the right kind. Trolled on the way back in and found jumpers 15 miles south of Diablo. Trolled by them picked some up ended up, bonita again. We tried throwing surface lures, irons and live bait but no takers all on the troll purple broomtails. Spunky fish pulled hard even got to try out the Diawa lexas on them. Took 12 fish home. 20181010_075937.jpg
    thanks for the details, we all owe you. it is looking the same as usual for the last few years. plenty of bones and maybe some skipjack, but the longfins have stayed WELL offshore of our reach. but heck, i'll take 10 pound bones close to shore and not many can tell the difference from albacore.

  9. #9

    Default Tuna

    Quote Originally Posted by fishkiller View Post
    Headed out PSL made 25 mini macs and bunch of anchovies and heading out to old weather buoy Wed 10/10/18. Going past black rock inbetween pecho and saw breaking tuna. Headed right to them and got a double. BONITA 8 to 12lbs. Patriot sportfishing boat came by us but they are rock cod fishing. After getting all we wanted left biting we headed out 20 miles. Saw Some bait but no tuna of the right kind. Trolled on the way back in and found jumpers 15 miles south of Diablo. Trolled by them picked some up ended up, bonita again. We tried throwing surface lures, irons and live bait but no takers all on the troll purple broomtails. Spunky fish pulled hard even got to try out the Diawa lexas on them. Took 12 fish home. 20181010_075937.jpg
    Thanks for the report! I am heading north out of Morro on Saturday will share as well.

    Greg

  10. #10

    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Location
    lompoc
    Posts
    36

    Default

    Nice report and I would like to catch some 10 pound bones. What a thrill that would be

Page 1 of 3 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in