Page 1 of 2 12

Default Exploring outside

This Sunday will be flat calm. I'm curious if anyone plans to search towards the donut. There is a large area of decent looking water starting at 32 miles heading about 225 degrees from the rock. I am interested in looking for anything out there.
    Bob

Flat calm is it....I will launch on Saturday and head up to Piedras Blancas to check on the bottom fish. I hope I am not too early for the flat calm conditions.....
    Proud to be a member of the true minority.......

Bob, on for Sunday as well.

Greg Angler Management

Quote Originally Posted by Angler Management View Post
    Bob, on for Sunday as well.

Greg Angler Management
    Looks that way...I hope I am not a day too early, I have five guys depending on me and two of them are kids...Everybody still using Ch 68 or Ch 72 ?
    Proud to be a member of the true minority.......

Yes 68. Greg, I'll be making live bait Saturday morning that I'll keep overnight. I'll let you know if there is plenty enough to share. Sunday I plan to leave at daybreak.
    Bob

Default Applogize

Quote Originally Posted by Windfall View Post
    Yes 68. Greg, I'll be making live bait Saturday morning that I'll keep overnight. I'll let you know if there is plenty enough to share. Sunday I plan to leave at daybreak.
    Bob
    Bob, Sorry we did not make the trip. Crew had the flu. It won't happen again, I promise. We are planning to go on Tuesday, given everyone is feeling better.

Greg

We went out Saturday 240 heading then more south, then went past Santa lucia bank for nothing. Like mentioned lots of bait 13 to 18 miles lots of life dolphins whales birds but it's that inside warm water break that wrapped around from point conception. Saw bait balls out to 25 miles and then nothing after that. Had one rip but never confirmed what probably seaweed. Kelp Patty's out there but nothing home. Sorry for late report was going to let captain post it.

Checking to see if my post is working. I've tried twice to post my results form Sunday.
    Bob

My posts seem to disappear after I post. Anyway we took a 235 out of Morro on Sunday and there was tons of life at 17 mi. Trolled Rapalas and tuna clones for 4 hours. No strikes. Went to 26 mi and the life died out so went to the old PLS Weather buoy and again lots of life, Trolled there for nothing. I heard a 125 pounder was caught yesterday and one lost after 2 hour battle. I'll be heading out again trying north next time.
    Bob

125 lb what?

Page 1 of 2 12