Default Do the bottomfish still bite in mid November?

I hope so. Going to give it a shot this Saturday 11/10/2018. I was going to run to Piedras Blancas, any other suggestions?
    Proud to be a member of the true minority.......

You should have no problem catching fish
    The big fat fish are full of eggs this time of year

Ling cod typically move into shallow water the last few months of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by J Peterson View Post
    Ling cod typically move into shallow water the last few months of the season.
    Good, I like fishing shallow so I have a better chance of returning an undersized or wrong fish alive, or at least a chance of living...I am thinking 125' or less..........

Quote Originally Posted by 15 ft Dragonfly View Post
    You should have no problem catching fish
    The big fat fish are full of eggs this time of year
    That is bad.

Any other suggestions for some quality other than the run to Piedras Blancas?

Just make sure you have lines in the water between 9 and 11 AM
    Another good bite 2 to 4 PM

Is this thread a joke? Kj6 has posted for years on here...

My experience has been that you want some movement of the water and you need to locate the depth they want to bite at. Most spots are holding fish but they don't always bite. So don't limit yourself to just 125'. Try shallow and deep until you find biters. You do not need to go so far north. I rarely fish north of Cambria and catch lots of nice fish.

Default Local fare

Quote Originally Posted by Bajabuzz View Post
    My experience has been that you want some movement of the water and you need to locate the depth they want to bite at. Most spots are holding fish but they don't always bite. So don't limit yourself to just 125'. Try shallow and deep until you find biters. You do not need to go so far north. I rarely fish north of Cambria and catch lots of nice fish.
    Nice to have a simple discussion regarding local areas to fish. My experience is similar to Baja B. I fished the Cambria area a week or so ago. 180-100’ drift directly off Hearst Castle. Wide area of structure, not much pressure from other boats. Picked away at bite which turned on and off throughout the morning, threw back quite a few smaller ones and kept a few nice reds and a ling. Wasn’t interested in filling my freezer, just enjoying time on the water and putting a newbie passenger on some fish.
    If you’re interested in a big fish experience, go up to CSM. Huge reds and lings, but a long haul. 50+ from MB. Fished that last year on December 30, flat calm, shirtsleeves and shorts, for a great all around day.
    Now, would anyone like to share some good areas for Dungeness?