Page 1 of 3 123

Default re downrigger help

What happened to the post? It had info I needed but all i get is some kind of code when I try to look at it now

welcome to the matrix

Best answer yet. Thanks

What do you need help with?

Sorry about taking so long to reply. I have never used downriggers before and I got the 12 lb balls most peeps suggested and I got releases plus rtks. Now I need to learn how to use them. Like how far to run the rtks in back of the ball or do I use flashers, dodgers or any other stuff
    I am just out there to have a lot of fun but would like to catch a few to. I have run dipsy divers and deep sixes before for trout and I have had fair results at cachuma
    but other than that I am clueless as how to use downriggers.
    they came on a boat my brother bought so might as well put the to use. Thanks for any and all info. Pete
    We have a 2460 bayliner and We hope to be seeing you all soon if salmon are a go this year

Pete, IMO run lures a boat length back. As for flasher/dodger, it's all depending on the bite... Good luck

Thank you very much. 24 foot it will be and what speed do most troll at? Im use to trolling at 1.5 but it makes for a long day

Like to troll 1.5 to 3 mph. Seems changing speeds sometimes brings a bite. Good luck to us all

Thanks for all the answers so far. i hope this thread stays here longer than the last one.

Another question is do the e chips in rsks actually work? Ive got 2 with the chips and 5 without

Page 1 of 3 123