Thread: live bait?

Default live bait?

anyone had to make live bait recently out of MB?

Going to go look offshore tomorrow and was hoping someone may have made bait recently.

I will monitor 16/68 vessel name BAJABUZZ

Good luck! Hopefully you find something. Haven't heard any reports from the Oregon fishery since July 10th, then the water was cold and even the commercial trollers hadn't found them yet. Fingers crossed we get a run. It's been too long.

ran out to 15 miles on saturday, conditions were getting worse quickly and we were down to 10 knots to make headway. At that point the temps were still cold and not increasing. Wind and swell were straight out of the west so it made for some tough going.
    Made the call to go north for rock fishing above Estero pt. Limited out on reds fishing from 60-90 ft.
    Maybe next time.

Buzz,

FYI bait was super easy on Sunday. There was a scum line at about 125 ft running for quite a distance, parallel to the beach just south of cayucos and it was LOADED with sardine and perfect-size spanish macs. Drop down to the bottom and get 5 out of 6 hooks occupied by nice big sand dabs, too. The two of us had all we wanted in 5 minutes- could have filled the tank in 15. I don't know anything about salmon fishing but I would think that scum line would have been a good place to troll beside.

Hey is your boat wheel chair accessible? ADA compliant? I'm going to have some time on my hands......

If no one is looking we could just you over the gunnel. The problem will be getting you back out.