Hybrid View

Default Taking a look 10-5

Little background on me first, I’ve been eyeballing this site for a long time I’ve posted reports under a different username i forgot all my information and made another account but anyway 23ft trophy been fishing out here since i was a kid so about 20 years now.. Alright on to the important topic this Saturday if weather cooperates I’m planning on making a run outside to look for any sort of tuna signs hopefully between 30-40 miles figured if everyone’s waiting for a report before they go then there’s going to no one to make the report.. wouldn’t be opposed to teaming up with any other boats that might want to make the trip I’ll be on 68 all day will report findings ..

good luck y’all

I’ve been outside the last 3 weeks in a row. Bft around 20/10 three weeks in a row. No takers for us. One short bite on a chovie 15 lb floro. Went straight out from the rock on a 245 and worked my way to the donut last Friday. Lots of life, albatross, and sheer waters, dolphins, whales, bait balls everywhere. Didn’t see any fish out there. Water was 58-60 where we saw most fish around the 20/09. Good luck. I will be out there

Sounds good man I’m planning on launching out of PSL and heading out S/W between 240/250 and working my way south when and if i find a good temp or clean water.. give me a holler on the radio if I’m within range we can swap findings

Left PSL at about 5:45 headed out on a 260 weather was a little bumpy but fishable until we got about 20 miles out and it got pretty nasty, big swells and a good amount of chop on top of it. water temp was about 57.5 and green.. we decided to push on another few miles to see if water clarity or temp improved. Eventually found 59 degree water and decided for the conditions it would have to do.. trolled a couple deep divers one purple and one green at about 5mph as well as a couple cedar plugs and sardines for nothing we got tired of getting beat up by the swell so we pulled the plug at about 11 and headed to try to salvage the day and bring in a few halibut ended up with 1 keeper... the funny part is when we finally got back near shore the swell died down and the wind was almost nonexistent... guess that’s how it goes sometimes I’m planning on trying again in a couple weeks till then tight lines y’all

Today I heard one boat at the Donut. He got two skipjack. Water was 61.5 blue and lots of sea life. Flat seas today.
    Bob

The chloro looks perfect at the donut, see attached image!Screenshot from 2019-10-14 10:52:39.jpg