Page 1 of 2 12

Default Morro Bay launch ramp and Port San Luis sling closed!

Well this is going to be painful. I heard that they’re actually going to close salmon all season for Sport and possibly even commercial. This may take affect in the entire western United States. They even closed the peers and parking lots. Not sure how we could catch the Chinese virus way out at sea or even in the parking lot.
    Joe

Default California worry re: Salmon / Covid 19

The Salmon season is needed for the resource it is for our People.
    So what are we going to do about it if the California Fish and Game (along with the worried politicians) decide for us that they don’t want us to catch Salmon?
    This is especially concerning that this action would set a ‘precedent’ showing us that they can act proactively and beyond the normal scope. So Next time when the next Pandemic or similar (there will be) it will be easy for them to call fishing off again. The future of our fishing rights are at stake here, our livelihood with the commercial fisherman's way of life on their chopping block. I don’t agree that they should prevent the 2020 Salmon season from happening. It’s due to officially start Saturday the 4th of April.
    I’d suggest getting a group of us Call or email them to voice our concerns and tell them to let us alone.
    2020 is bad because of excessive worry so don’t add to it by our California Government overreach.
    Stay well you all.
    Jbuilt

This is on their web page as follows:
    ‘The Mission of the Department of Fish and Wildlife is to manage California's diverse fish, wildlife, and plant resources, and the habitats upon which they depend, for their ecological values and for their use and enjoyment by the public.”

I saw it was postponed at least until may. That was in santa barbara yesterday

Well I just called Santa Barbara and they just close their launch ramp as well. I presume Ventura and Oxnard have also closed. People can walk out to their boat in a slip and take it out whenever they want, but us poor *******s with our boats on trailers screwed!!!!!! That makes a lot of sense right?
    Joe

Nope that sucks. went out yesterday and they said maybe monday they would close it depending on people staying away from each other
    There were maybe 8 boat trailers in the parking lot maybe 10 peeps on sterns wharf and very few accept for drug addict bums walking around anywhere in santa barb. Just how much social distancing do they freekin want
    They are taking mine and everybody elses freedom if I am able to go get food at a fast food place I should be able to use my boat.
    Does anybody even know 1 person with the china flu? I dont and I talk to a lot of peeps on the web and they dont know anyone either

I do not think its a hoax if thats what your saying

What happened to the other post? It would have been interesting to hear what hoax he was talking about

I just thought that my comments were not very kind so I deleted them. Its so easy to say things that are chippy when you are sitting at a computer watching it rain with your boat parked in the driveway. See you at the ramp, eventually....

Yep the whole thing blows! Unless all your hobbies could be done indoors it sucks.
    Hopefully we will get opportunities to fish this year.
    Atascadero Lake is open for fishing if it comes to that. They planted trout a few weeks ago and the bass fishing is heating up. At least that is what I am hearing.

Thanks for the info and I completely agree. The day they closed fishing was the begining of my insanity. This was going to be my first year for salmon fishing down riggers hooked up spent a butt load of money on flashers.lures.spinners well all the stuff I needed to give it a go Now its just sitting in the apartment with me looking at it. Now thats frustrating

Page 1 of 2 12