Page 3 of 4 1234

My Lady and I are headed down there this weekend to go have a look out there. We will be out there the 24th. Ch68. If anyone else wants to team up please let me know.

A buddy and I took the 35 mile trip out to the warm plume yesterday and found nada. Random kelp paddies and some dolphin pods along with a sunfish is all we found. Ended up maxing out at 65.5 F water that was pretty blue and clear. Fished a nomad DTX Mack, yummy flier on the kite/ balloon and some feathers. Thought I had cedar plugs but was wrong, I wish I would have picked some up. Anyways Iím new to this forum but have been lurking for awhile. Hope to help find these fish!

We will be down there Friday and headed out Saturday! I would love to team up with a few boats. Anyone interested? Let me know y’all!

Don't have my hopes up but going to take a look tomorrow - Friday. I'll be on 68 boat is 'Julia' My name is Keith....

Hey Keith my name is Chad. Our boat is the Lucky7. I can’t wait to hear what you find. I will be headed out Saturday about 5am. I am very new to BFT fishing on my own. Just some experience with them on overnighters out of San Diego. Feel free to holler at me if you’d like. We weren’t planning on going for tuna until I saw this thread.

Hey Chad well the first thing I learned about tuna fishing up here is you never say you are going tuna fishing. You say "jeez I feel like taking the boat out and burning a ton of fuel". Then, if you run into any you can say "yeah, I knew they'd be right there......"

OK I see. Haha

Keith I look forward to your report tomorrow. Lol. I will be taking a ride to see what’s out there. Hope to see the Orca pod they have seen!!

OK so we left before light and got bait off the rock, then headed toward the donut and watched the temp. did not have a good SST because of the cloud cover. Never did find a hard break but the temp just slowly climbed starting at about 6 miles. Ran about 10 miles till we had 63.5 degree water and put the stuff in. Metered bait between 100-200 ft with an occasional mark below it for the next 3 hours or so. Unlike our last run this time we did not see a single meatball with birds on it, no dolphin or whale activity, just bait deep. We pulled the jigs at around 2:00 and went inside to retrieve the crab pots and go for a couple lings and of course as soon as we did, I heard one of the boats working the same zone reported a 50 pounder on deck. It was a little sloppy in the AM then it got really nice - we were on the water from dark to almost dark for 0 tuna, a limit of lings and kept a few nice reds. And four crab. I am kicking myself for not slow trolling a live Mac down deep on those marks. Next time.

Thanks for the report, Keith. I agree with your assessment to slow troll a Mac down deep and on the surface where there’s signs of life. I’ll be out looking later towards the end of this week.
    Steve

Page 3 of 4 1234