Page 4 of 4 ... 234

Latest SST looks as good as I've seen it this year. Hard temp break from 59.4 to almost 64 degrees, only 6 miles straight out from the rock. And that warm water pushes up and in toward the coast as far up as San Simeon. WX looks OK for Sunday, looks a little breezy till then.

Those fish could be anywhere in tight now. Water moved in as We were fishing off point estero yesterday morning. Started out at 60.0 and within 30 minutes went up to 61.5 in the same exact spot. The wind line out west past the point looked too snotty to go looking for BFT, so we stuck to Halibut fishing. Hoping to get back out there Sunday and find some hungry BFT. With as much squid as was in tight a few weeks ago, before the seiners got to em, I wouldn't be surprised if they're in tight and feeding deep on the leftover squid spawn. Brad had that 94lber hit the deck on his rockfish trip a few years back, and was fishing in 240' up off piedras. Dude from Bako landed it with an Avet mx on 40lb mono and a rock cod jig. My buddy and I ran out 30 miles looking for them the exact same day, only to come in and dock up right next the endeavor as they were just getting in from catching a BFT a Mile offshore on their rockfish trip. Got the story first hand from the captain and the angler, and had some sashimi off the fish as brad was cutting it up...Talk about luck..BFT, more elusive than the WSB, and coveted by many, the hardest fighting gamefish in the world , can be found and caught in our local waters. We just need to spread out and find them and pray for luck ! We're definitely going Sunday and will probably start around church Rock and go north/northwest from there. Will be in 68 and hope to hear Of some hookups !

Default correct information

that 94lb. bf was caught by one of my best friends on a calstar 800xlh with a trinidad 30 [single speed]reel - spooled with 450 yds. 50lb. power pro spectra and topped with 30lb. xxt p-line. it took 1hr. to land the fish. credit to the angler! this is the true story - i built the rod and i spooled the reel. all other info is correct.

I guess my memory is not that good... but I'm sure you're right about his set up. 30lb top shot makes it even more impressive! I also recall your buddy had just had some surgery or injury too and wasn't sure he'd be able to catch a rockfish let alone a brute BFT. So that made the catch even more impressive too. I took a couple pictures of your buddy and his fish that day, I'll have to look for them now ! BFT still out front, wind blew us in yesterday, but will be back out there today looking. Couple jumpers about 5 miles due west of point estero yesterday and tons of life out there.

Page 4 of 4 ... 234