Page 1 of 4 123 ...

Default Tuna look outside 10/9/20

Going 10/9/20 Friday for a look outside PSL /MB 15-30 miles out.
    Iíll be the 68 VHF channel. Radio if you go and you see the life.
    Boat is Three Fins.
    Cheers

I had heard that someone hooked up 17 mi out of Morro Bay and got spooled on Oct 8. So we went out to that area today and saw a good amount of bait and birds but no bluefin. We trolled around the 35 mi area but the sea life we saw there last month was gone. Then we went back to the 17 mi area and got skunked. At 7 mi we saw a pod of orcas. At about 20 mi there were some whales and porpoise. .
    Bob

Thanks Bob
    That was a great report
    Wish you had some success, but you went where most of us can't go.
    Keep going

Bob, thanks for going out and taking a look. sounds like there could be some big tuna roaming around somewhere out there. Have you seen the fantastic looking break that is 35 miles SW of Morro, 30 out of PSL?
    SST.jpg

Great effort Bob. We will be heading out soon. Need work and weather to cooperate lol.

Hey I'm curious where do you go to see your map with locations like the donut and what not and how do you see the weather report. My boat doesn't run I won't be stealing anyone's spot just trying to learn.

If you need a deck hand and some fuel of beer money let me know.

Wild West, that plum of warm water approaching the the old weather buoy likely holds marlin and yellowtail.
    Bob

Depending on how much cooperation we get with weather, we will be out looking Friday and Saturday, possibly Sunday. Boat is 'Julia'. Ch 68 will let you know if anything exciting happens.

After the decent salmon fishing earlier this year a marlin out of Morro would be a nice cherry on top. That plume has moved at least another 5 miles closer in. I have been hearing more rumors of bluefin from Morro on up the coast. Time to troll some cedar plugs and diving plugs on the heavier gear.

Page 1 of 4 123 ...