Page 2 of 6 1234 ...
  1. #11
    Windfall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    282

    Default

    I just looked at Terrifan and the conditions look decent for albacore at about 18 mi from Morro. I will finally be able to fish on Tuesday. Haven't decided what to target yet.
    Bob

  2. #12

    Default

    Bait if you can

  3. #13

    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Atascadero
    Posts
    63

    Default Will try

    Bob, I?ll be out with my son (8) and we we?re going to try for halibut near the sand spit out of MB. But I would love to support a search for tuna. You can call/text me at 805-714-7142 or on 68 probably heading out a little later am. Bite should be on at 1:00pm- 3:00pm according to solunar/tide table

  4. #14
    Windfall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    282

    Default

    I was able to run out to look for tuna yesterday. First I went to the location of the old weather buoy 17 mi 210 degrees from Morro Rock. At 13 mi out there was a temp break of three degrees and lots of sea life. Water was about 60 degrees and of good color. Then we turned to the Santa Lucia Bank, 35 mi on a 225 from Morro Rock. There was still a decent amount of birds including albatross and turns. But most of the bird life was just sitting on the water and not feeding. There were a few marks down 300-500 ft and a few bait balls. I trolled cedar plugs and feathers and had live bait with me. At about 20 mi we found about 50 porpoise and saw many sealions later but never saw a tuna or bonito. The ocean was flat calm and visibility was great. I might try again this weekend.
    Bob

  5. #15
    Keith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Paso Robles
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Thanks for the report Bob. I'm back from my week in San Diego and the boat is ready. Lets get some boats out there and work it.

  6. #16
    Windfall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    282

    Default

    A friend looked outside yesterday 20 mi off Cambria. Water temp and color was great but very little sea life. I noticed at the slip yesterday that a red tide seem to be moving in.
    Bob

  7. #17
    Windfall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    282

    Default

    I am tentatively planning to look outside on Sunday at daylight. Call on 68 Windfall if you plan on looking as well.
    Bob

  8. #18
    Keith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Paso Robles
    Posts
    141

    Default

    Julia will be looking as well on Sunday. 68.

  9. #19
    Windfall's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    282

    Default

    When I installed a new Raycor fuel filter housing this week I created a slight air leak in the diesel fuel system. So I will be fixing the fuel system instead of looking outside today. Good luck Kieth.
    Bob

  10. #20
    Keith's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Paso Robles
    Posts
    141

    Default

    I had crew issues today and never made it very far. First 10 miles the water was gross with some serious red tide along the beach. Temp break looked like it shifted southwest from MB, starting at about 15 miles. Thats where we were headed. let me know when you are ready we'll try again.

Page 2 of 6 1234 ...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Log in

Log in