Page 5 of 6 ... 3456

I appreciate the frustration you guys are voicing. The day we were on the water we heard, on the radio, of a boat running over and cutting the lines of another boat. That is never acceptable; respect your fellow boaters and also give more space than you think is needed. We spent a lot of time trolling just to scout for the right spot to soak baits but with only 1 jumper and no marks exciting on the meter, it was difficult to invest the time soaking baits. Perhaps if we did a better job on this board sharing info, strategy, numbers, etc. Then we could all enjoy better, more productive, adventures on the water.

Heading out Saturday for Tuna. on 68 will run north 265 ish 35-45 miles. Will deploy the kite and see how that works.
    If your heading out that way check in I all ways share info.

Greg

OK I think I'm headed the other direction.

Keith

I assume ya'll are reading tempbreak.com charts for chloro and SST? See attached images... gives a decent overview!
    Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at Sep 22 9.05.45 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-09-22 at Sep 22 9.05.56 PM.jpg

It is a big ocean and hard to soak a bait for long without some kind of sign of fish! Last I was out people were doing a decent job sharing what info they had over the radio. Unfortunately I also heard people being cut off, which is sad! There are fish spread over at least 10 square miles in that area. Probably more. But as I?m sure you know, most newbies fish for other boats more than the actual fish!
    Steve
    BigSwell

We’re heading out tonight hopefully make enough live bait to do the trick then head 35-40 miles on a 270 or until something interesting pops up, but we’ll be on 68 and will share anything we come across good luck to everyone going tomorrow, get them lines tight guys

Launched Friday night around 11 and spent a few hours trying to catch bait till about 2:30 then ended up taking a 280 for about 30 miles when we found a jump in water temp from 61 to 62.5 degrees in about a mile span we worked that temp until we ended up 21-22 miles west of Cambria in 2300ft of water 62.8 degrees and jumpers everywhere most looked to be between 20-40lbs with the occasional school of 60-80lbers and no matter what we did none of them wanted anything to do with anything we were doing we drifted on them several times with flylined live bait and casting with colt snipers to match the anchovies they were eating surface Irons everything i had i tossed at them and they weren’t having it… but on the bright side it was pretty cool seeing the numbers of fish we have up here

Wow you guys sure went for it and FOUND them!!
    Bluefin being bluefin, fickle and picky. Did you try 15lb test to see if you could just get a bite with live bait? haha
    Thanks for the report, really good to see fish around here. I heard of one caught yesterday, but I'm sure it was tough for most?

Yeah. Tough. We made bait Friday night then fished from 5:30am to about 6:30pm. Had a big one on for a couple minutes but pulled the hook and we saw and marked plenty. Bluefin.....

Anyone getting after those BFT this weekend? Are they still out there? Good weather today through at least Sunday.

Page 5 of 6 ... 3456